At Rotorua Trust, we are committed to ensuring privacy of information.
How Rotorua Trust collects, handles and uses personal information collected through your use of our website is outlined in this policy. Information is also collected through our grants management system ‘Blackbaud Grantmaking’, and privacy statements are included in our forms. From time to time, we may change this policy, so please check for updates regularly.
Scope and Terminology
In this policy, the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Rotorua Trust, and the terms “you” and “your” refer to you as the person using our website or otherwise engaging with us and providing us with your Personal Information.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual.
“Act” means Privacy Act 2020.
“Funding” means Grants, Impact Investments, and any other financing opportunities we may offer.
Application of this Policy
This policy applies to any Personal Information that we collect when you interact with us, including when you:
- visit our website or use any of our other online services;
- visit or phone the Rotorua Trust office;
- apply for, or receive Funding;
- register to receive marketing communication from us;
- use any other services we provide now or in the future.
Collection of Personal Information
To conduct the operations of the Trust, we may gather your personal details such as your email address, name, phone number and postal address in the following scenarios:
- when we receive any inquiries, comments or other communications from you;
- when you complete forms on our website or elsewhere (including application forms and other forms);
- when you create, modify, or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through our website;
- as you navigate our website, certain information may be collected passively (that is, gathered without your active participation). Passive information is collected using various technologies and means, such as cookies, internet tags, Internet Protocol (IP) or similar identifiers, and navigational data collection. Information collected may include dates and times of website visits, pages accessed, server addresses, top-level domain names, documents downloaded, the URL of the previous website visited and the type of browser used.
We will usually only collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from third parties where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect it directly, where you have authorised collection from such third parties or publicly available resources.
Rotorua Trust uses third-party services on our website to collect information on website visitors and their interactions.
We utilise cookies to gather data on how you access and engage with our website. By using our website, you agree to the storage and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of our website. Many web browsers offer certain controls over cookies that you can set.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your browser by a website you visit. We use different types of cookies for different purposes on our website to enhance functionality and to improve the performance of our website so we can provide you with a better experience. They help users to navigate websites efficiently, perform certain functions on websites and/or to provide website owners, such as us, with information about how sites are used.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information we collect will be used to provide services you have authorised or requested. We may also use the personal information we collect to:
- respond to your inquiries or communication with us;
- verify your identity and assist you in case you forget your login details or password;
- reduce the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- conduct internal research and development;
- analyse website usage, trends and statistics;
- manage and improve this website and any related services;
- assess and monitor your organisation’s application for Funding;
- communicate with your organisation regarding your application;
- provide you with information about the service that you are using, including important updates and announcements;
- create communications regarding Funding outcomes and case studies;
- with your permission, provide you with additional information regarding services that may be of interest to you; or
- conduct any other use that you have authorised or that has been disclosed to you during data collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any third party that you have approved us to share your personal information with or that we have notified you of and you have not raised any objections;
- government or law enforcement agencies, where we believe it is necessary to assist in law enforcement;
- appropriate third parties where necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others;
- outsourced function providers such as auditors, lawyers, or data storage providers;
- our stakeholders, such as other grant-making organisations, charitable trusts or our trustees and community groups, for the purpose of assessing, fulfilling or monitoring Funding applications or otherwise managing our business; or
- any other agency where required or permitted by law.
Email Newsletter Communication
You have the right to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email newsletter communication received. Once you have unsubscribed you will be removed from our mailing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
No data transmissions over the internet are completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to or from you. However, once we have received your personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to protect the information against loss or misuse, and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
Right to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, request or correct the personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about the way we’ve handled your Personal Information, let us know. You can speak with our Privacy Officer using the contact details set out above and we’ll try to resolve your concerns.